Douglas Farrago MD
- Family Medicine – Dr. Farrago is board certified in family medicine and has been in the medical field for 30 years.
- Nutrition/exercise – Prior to becoming a physician, Dr. Farrago was involved in sports medicine training of professional boxers in the late 1980s. Under the tutelage of fitness guru, Mackie Shilstone, he worked with countless fighters including five different world champions. He also received his Master’s Degree in Education under the area of Exercise Science and to this day very much uses this knowledge to help with his patients.
- Dr. Farrago invented the Knee Saver, a padding that relieves knee stress in baseball catchers, while he was in medical school. He received the patent in 1991 and after years of persistence (and even more rejections), Dr. Farrago was able to make this product a staple of the game.
- The original Knee Saver is currently in the Baseball Hall of Fame’s traveling exhibit (Baseball As America) under its Ingenuity and Innovation section. The Knee Saver, and its knock-offs, are worn by many major league baseball catchers today.
- Dr. Farrago is also the inventor of the CryoHelmet, worn by people for migraines, heat recovery and head injuries. At this time over half of MLB teams have the CryoHelmet available with the NFL expected to follow.
- National Speaker – Dr. Farrago lectures worldwide about the present crisis in our healthcare system and the affect it has on the doctor-patient relationship.
- Writer – Dr. Farrago created the Placebo Journal in 2001 and ran it until 2011. He is also the author of five published books you can find on Amazon.